Tuesday, March 31, 2009

David Eyre’s Pancake

I don't know who David Eyre is and I don't remember how I found this recipe, but I have made this a bunch of times in the last month or so. It's very easy and very satisfying to see some flour, milk, eggs, and tablespoon of sugar puff up in the oven. It's basically like a skillet-shaped pop-over, though I recommend the recipe's suggestion of serving with lemon and powdered sugar.

I often halve the recipe for just on person. It only takes about two seconds to throw together and 20 minutes in the oven.

David Eyre’s Pancake

1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon sugar
confectioner’s sugar (to taste)
fresh lemon juice (to taste)

Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine the flour, sugar, milk, and eggs into a bowl and wisk until smooth. Don't over mix or pancake will be tough. Heat the butter in an ovenproof skillet (I use a saucepan actually) and pour batter in. Put the skillet in the oven uncovered and bake for 20 minutes. Pancake should puff up and brown on the top and edges.
Sprinkle with lemon juice and powdered sugar or whatever topping you would like and serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment