Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Bobby Flay Chicken Parm

I had a real hankering for some chicken parm last night, so I googled for a recipe. What a luck-game to be presented with one from Bobby Flay! Knowing him to have great accountability from a show that I have been willfully dragged into watching every Sunday, I decided to give it a try.

This recipe was easy to make, though the larger chicken breasts that I bought called for closer to thirty minutes in the oven, and I opted for store bought sauce in the interest of time. Like most of the comments posted, my chicken came out very soft and tender, and was probably the first time I remember strips of chicken to actually flake off onto the fork. I had never heard of panko bread crumbs before, but they created a more interesting, layered texture. They would probably make a great chicken cutlet dinner.

Next time I think I will try a combination of panko and traditional bread crumbs, and also look to use less ingredients. The egg and flour could have been cut in half to be less wasteful.

The chicken parm was served on a bed of pasta with a salad. I would have liked to try Flay's garlic bread recipe.

1 comment:

  1. I just bought some chicken and I was wondering what I should make with it. This sounds perfect. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete