Tuesday, August 18, 2009

LUSH Cosmetics Massage Bars

I really enjoy LUSH Cosmetics. Their products are all handmade in Canada from natural products, and they have a wide selection of vegan products also. It was LUSH that introduced me to my favorite travel buddy items: solid shampoo and conditioner. I use the Godiva Solid Shampoo and the Jungle Conditioner every time I go on vacation because it doesn't leak and you can carry it on planes. Plus, whenever I smell it, I remember all the fantastic places I've used it. For home, I really enjoy Big Shampoo, which you can only use once or twice a week, because a big ingredient in it is salt, but which lathers incredibly well and creates real volume.

By far, though, my favorite items at LUSH are their massage bars. These bars are absolutely perfect for any massage you may want. They come in a huge variety of scents and textures, and are less messy than any other massage oil. You just rub them on your hands and the oil melts away. My favorite is the Fever Massage Bar, which must be pretty popular, since it's gone up in price since I bought mine, and is now more expensive than any other one, at $11.25. It's scented with sandalwood and rose, and it has lips.

They also have a variety of other bars that I'd like to try, including the Cosmic Dreamcatcher Bar, which is scented with sage and frankincense, and the Wiccy Magic Muscles, which has peppermint for a little tingle.

If you're planning on buying one of these, though, I'd recommend you store it in a cool place. They melt when left in, say, a suitcase in West Africa or your nightstand in the sun. Plus, when it's sweltering like it has been in New York, who wouldn't want to take it out of the fridge for a cool treat?

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I absolutely love Lush and wish we had one here in Albany. I guess it just gives me another excuse to visit you in NYC.

    ReplyDelete