Monday, June 8, 2009

OVERPRICED: Back Forty

I've been looking forward to having a hamburger at Back Forty (190 Avenue B at 12th Street) for some time now, and I was a bit disappointed.

I try to eat ethically, and so being able to have a hamburger and not feel guilty about factory farming was definitely a huge plus, and I wouldn't feel bad at all about paying $11 (plus $2 for cheese, plus $2 for french fries) for being able to make a political statement with my food. However, it was too salty and there wasn't enough cheese. The fries were incredible, seasoned with rosemary and sea salt, but the burger itself was just okay.

The rest of the food was too expensive for what you got ($18 for roasted vegetables and eggplant puree? Seriously?), but it is nice to know that everything is sustainable, and like I said, the french fries were incredible. Also really good were the pork jowl nuggets, which tasted like delicious fried pig. The beers were pretty good (and their happy hour is half priced at the bar, which is nice), so I think maybe chilling at the bar and having some nuggets and fries is the best plan, rather than a full dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment