Sunday, April 5, 2009

Brooklyn Brunch: iCi

iCi is a lovely little restaurant on DeKalb Avenue, the motherland of lovely little restaurants in Fort Greene, and an excellent choice for weekend brunch. Stark in both menu and decor, iCi creates an elegance around simplicity, and the resulting food is a sophisticated take on breakfast comfort food. They strive to use local foods, and while I'm not sure how well it actually works, I appreciate the efforts, and while everything I've had there has been tasty, the grits are heavenly. I'm not from the South, and I'm no expert on them, but I would say that they are the single greatest pleasure I've ever taken from a Brooklyn Brunch. At once creamy-sweet and savory, served in a small but deeply fulfilling portion, they become more than just grits, acting as representative of all that is simple and good in life. A lovely, reasonably priced little place that you should certainly consider for your next weekend brunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment