Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Bacardi Mojito Commercial

I won't lie. I don't want much TV, so I don't see many commercials. However, watching three episodes of House in a row, yesterday, I saw two particularly good ones, and decided to do up a quick review. One was for Lenscrafters, and you can see watch it here. I just thought it was really cute.

The second is beyond cute. It is effective. Before the commercial was even over, I knew I needed whatever it was they were selling. I would not hesitate to say that this is the best commercial I have ever seen. I knew instantly that whatever they were selling would not only make me hipper, thinner, and happier. It would also give me the ability to travel back in time, to parties from the present day to the 19th century, rocking out to Matt & Kim's "Daylight" (a fantastic song) with my diverse, hip, thin friends through the ages. Just seeing this commercial made me feel better about the direction of my life. It was better than the shows I saw it during (Mythbusters and House, in case you were wondering)

When I discovered that the commercial was for one of my all-time favorite drinks, the mojito, I knew that I shared a deep bond with this piece of cinematic genius. Watch it. Love it. Then go out and buy yourself some liquid happiness.

6 comments:

  1. I had to watch it twice to figure it out. Lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah roger, i had to have kristin explain it to me...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bacardi Mojito is so "yesterday"! Check out Tribeca Light ... its delicious and gets me so wasted!
    www.TribecaLight.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://www.tribecalight.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. "We did a blind taste test tonight. I picked the home made mojito. I did not see the drinks being prepared and I was blindfolded when I drank them. The Bacardi mojito was good if you have never had a mojito, but once you make them homemade, you know the difference!"

    ReplyDelete