Saturday, July 4, 2009
1. Francis Ford Coppola's Tetro is an intoxicating cinematic confection that will most certainly be on my "Top 3 movies of 2009 List" (9.5 out of 10).
2. I have been looking forward to the release of the DVDs of the first season of Eastbound and Down for quite a while because I so enjoyed Danny McBride's performance in Pineapple Express. I watched it, it was funny and I will rent the second season once it's available but I don't plan on watching the first season again (6.8 out of 10).
3. I'm a sucker for anything that has the flavor "fruits of the forest" because aside from being tasty it makes me feel Romantic and lady-like in a Bronte kind of way. I recently purchased 365 Brand Fruits of the Forest Fruit Spread from Whole Foods and found it to be too reminiscent of Welch's grape jelly, lunch ladies and crustless white bread. (4.1 out of 10).
4. Charles Ray's Ink Line at Matthew Marks Gallery (523 W. 24th St., closes July 10th) is spectacular, moving, thoughtful, and funny (9.3 out of 10).
5. Williamsburger (342 Wythe at S. 2nd) has nice waitresses, passable hamburgers, and embarrassingly flaccid french fries (3.1 out of 10).