Friday, June 19, 2009

Kashi GOLEAN CRUNCH! vs. Fruit Loops: A Comparative Study


Last week Sarah bought us Kashi GOLEAN Crunch! cereal (The Original). I think her choice was a sort of redemption, meant as a kind of penance for the previous week’s cereal: Fruit Loops (which I love, by the way). She claims to like it, but I think it’s SICK and even downright dangerous. I tried it for the first time at breakfast the other day and one of the fibrous clusters scraped my throat. Roger aptly described the experience of eating Kashi GOLEAN Crunch! like this: “It’s like eating a mashed up granola bar.”

To be fair, the cereal does have: 9g protein, 8g fiber, 16g of whole grains and, according to Kashi, is “the latest in dieting: healthy eating.” So, if you’re looking for something healthy and don’t mind the taste of a mashed up granola bar, then Kashi GOLEAN Crunch! is where it’s at.

4 comments:

  1. i actually tried this while at your house and kind of liked it. just saying....

    ReplyDelete
  2. my fav is blueberry morning, eventhough its not as healthy as your carboard tasting granola cereal,at least I'll go to work happy! LD

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahaha, oh dad i love when you comment.

    ReplyDelete